Brace yourself for a more confident you with orthodontic treatment for adults!
In case you haven’t heard, braces aren’t just for kids or teens anymore. Thanks to advances in orthodontics, adults can now enjoy the wide array benefits of braces, including:
- Improving your teeth function and alignment, allowing you to bite and chew correctly
- Improving your facial appearance, smile and self-esteem
- Repairing and preventing more serious problems down the road caused by malocclusions.
- Alleviating symptoms and side effects of TMJ syndrome
What are the orthodontic treatment options for adults?
The orthodontic treatment options for adults are essentially the same as for children and adolescents/teens: traditional metal braces, ceramic braces (also known as clear braces), lingual braces, and clear aligners like Invisalign. However, in the case of most adults, aesthetics is the top priority – being that adults commonly feel even more self-conscious than kids about wearing braces – and that’s why so many opt for clear aligner therapy.
What are clear aligners and their benefits?
Clear aligners like Invisalign, are a set of clear, removable trays that are custom-made from a mold of your teeth. Whether interacting with friends, family or business associates, clear aligners are aesthetically pleasing and convenient for eating and cleaning because they can be easily removed. Additional benefits of clear aligners:
- Less noticeable. As mentioned, clear aligners are aesthetically pleasing, because people can hardly tell you’re wearing them. Although there is a bit more bulk around your teeth, clear aligners are far less noticeable than having metal or even ceramic/clear braces and wires across your teeth.
- Greater convenience. Maintaining your clear aligner and your teeth is much easier than traditional braces – because they’re easily removable. With clear aligners, you simply pop them out, eat your meal, brush and floss your teeth thoroughly, and pop them back in.
- No food gets stuck in aligners. One of the top complaints about braces is that they’re constantly collecting food, even if it’s hidden in the brackets or wire. Being that you remove clear aligners to eat, you’re able to enjoy your favorite food without the worry.
- Less discomfort. Patients who wear clear aligners say they experience much less discomfort than those who wear traditional braces with brackets and wires. The adjustment period with aligners is also much shorter, because there aren’t any rough brackets or edges to aligners that cause mouth sores. Whether you’re a busy parent or professional, this is obviously a major advantage over braces.
- Can treat moderate and some severe cases. While some think clear aligners are for more mild misalignments, the fact is that a skilled Board Certified Orthodontist can develop an accurate and extensive treatment for you that’s as effective for treating moderate and severe problems as more minor aesthetic misalignments.
- Can help with symptoms of TMJ. In certain cases, orthodontic alignment of the teeth and jaws can help relieve symptoms of TMJ problems that may be aggravated by a bad occlusion. Our specialists at Park Smiles NYC, including Dr. Ruben Cohen, a Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon, will conduct a thorough exam and determine the best treatment option to relieve your TMJ symptoms. Clear aligner therapy is just one of the many options we offer.
- Fewer appointments and more peace-of-mind. Unlike brackets and wires in traditional braces that can break or move out of alignment, there are typically few issues with clear aligners. With clear aligner therapy, you wear one set of aligners for about one to two weeks before switching to a new set, and several sets are given at each appointment. So each appointment is scheduled further apart. Moreover, in between appointment visits, it’s unlikely you’ll experience any serious issues that require an additional appointment or emergency visit. Clear aligners are an effective and efficient orthodontic option that offers simplicity, convenience and peace-of-mind!
You’re never too old for orthodontic treatment
No matter your age, you deserve to enjoy life – and that means straighter teeth, improved self-confidence, excellent dental health, and the ability to eat, chew, and speak with ease. Whether you choose traditional fixed braces or clear aligners, our skilled orthodontic team at Park Smiles NYC is here to help you achieve a stunning, healthy smile for years to come!
Schedule your consultation today!
When you’re ready to take the next step to orthodontic treatment and the beautiful, healthy and straight smile of your dreams, schedule your consultation at Park Smiles NYC at (212) 988-6724. Our skilled orthodontic team looks forward to serving you soon!
Attaining a healthy, straight smile is like a Walk in the Park – at Park Smiles NYC!