If you’re suffering with hollow or sunken cheeks, it could make you appear older than you really are. Full cheeks and prominent cheekbones are a sign of youth and beauty, and they can be achieved with cheek augmentation by Dr. Cohen at Park Smiles NYC.
Benefits of Cheek Implants
- Higher, fuller cheeks can improve your appearance, balance your other facial features, and even help you look more youthful. Cohen’s patients are typically thrilled with their fuller cheeks and contoured cheekbones following surgery.
- Cheek implants can give you better facial proportion and boost your self-esteem. They can be used to correct facial asymmetries and congenital defects, as well as facial scarring or trauma.
- They provide a permanent cheek enhancement and offer controllable results, from slight to dramatic.
- They are made of safe, biocompatible materials.
- There are low post-surgical risks.
The Cheek Implant Procedure
Prior to surgery, you and Dr. Cohen will discuss what shape you’re trying to achieve. Dr. Cohen will then work with you to determine the best cheek implant shape and size to fit naturally with your facial structure.
Cheek augmentations are performed under general anesthetic or twilight sleep. An incision is made along the upper jaw inside the cheek. Inserting the cheek implants through the mouth results in no visible scarring.
During your surgery, Dr. Cohen may shape the implant so that it fits solidly against your existing bone. The implant is then inserted through the mouth, and adjusted to the correct position. The surrounding tissue is stitched closed to hold the cheek implant in place. The procedure itself takes approximately an hour and a half.
Most of our cheek augmentation patients report very little bruising or swelling and you should be feeling back to normal within a week. It may take up to six weeks until you’re your mouth is completely healed and final results are visible.
To get more information on how cheek implants can rejuvenate your appearance and self-confidence, contact Park Smiles NYC today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Cohen!
Dr. Ruben Cohen, Park Smiles NYC
Announced in 2017 in New York Times Magazine as one of the top 20 oral surgeons and “Super Specialists” in New York City – selected by local medical experts!