At Park Smiles NYC, we take every precaution to ensure a safe and painless procedure for every patient we treat. Following are instructions you must follow prior to receiving intravenous anesthesia sedation. Please review them carefully and strictly adhere to them. If you have any questions, be sure to call our office at 212-988-6724 prior to your visit.
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Cohen prior to your surgical date for instructions.
Again, our goal at Park Smiles NYC is to ensure a safe and comfortable procedure for you or your loved one. If you have any questions at all regarding the above instructions, be sure to give us a call ASAP.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you soon.